Norbert L. Lovata Ph.D. - Registered Constructor AIC
Construction Consulting Services
Phone 608 271-7812
- Structural Building Inspections
- Construction Expert Witness
- Home & Insurance Inspection
- Union Journeyman Carpenter apprenticeship in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Construction Surveyor, Wyoming Highway Department
I-80, 37 mile new four lane project, Nebraska State Line westward into Wyoming towards Cheyenne, Bridge layout, rough and finish staking, record control and drawings.
- United States Army Security Agency Engineers, Jan-1965/Dec 1969.
Job: Construction Draftsman/Surveyor.
Army Engineering Projects include Military structures, GI housing, Military fortifications in the Republic of Viet Nam Saigon area of operations. Honorably Discharged January 1971.
- B.S. Degree 1972 University of Wyoming, Laramie
Major: Trades and Industry Education Construction
Related course work: Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Foundry, Machine Shop, sheet metal & Welding, Carpentry, Wood Science and finishes.
- Residential self employed contractor, new construction and remolding.
Duties included carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry and concrete work. Construction foreman on residential and commercial projects. Project manager and project engineer on commercial and highway road projects.
- M.S. Degree 1973 UW-Laramie Vocational Administration and Supervision, Construction Education
- Taught Vocational Drafting, Technical College, six years built seven houses and remolded three.
- Assistant Professor University of Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, Construction Coordinator for BS Construction Management Degree Program.
- Ph.D. Iowa State University, Ames Iowa. Specialty Construction Safety Engineering & Management & University/Technical College Administration.
- Research Scientist
Areas of Study: Synthetic secondary fiber concrete reinforcement, cementitious materials/masonry.
- Professor in Charge of Construction Administration, University of
Major advisior for graduate students in concrete science
- Associate Dean Waukesha County Technical College Pewaukee, Wisconsin
In charge of 500 ABC electrical apprentices for southern Wisconsin. Director of all Architectural Design autocad curriculum. Started the one year technical diploma for union pre-apprenticeship construction trades in greater Milwaukee area.
- Charter member appointed by Gov. Tommy Thompson to create the Home Inspector State of Wisconsin licensing process plus served on the state committee to develop the written licensing examination.